4. Openness & Confrontation – Do you believe confrontations and conflicts among your team members are always harmful?
Allowing differences of opinions and ideas to be aired without fear of ridicule or retaliation is one of the healthiest team-building habits. You will understand how to create a safe space for teams to tackle problems and issues openly.
5. Cooperation & Conflict – How well do your team members support and cooperate with each other?
Cooperation implies that individuals trust other members and are willing to contribute to the group’s objectives. Conflict is inevitable and an integral part of the process of growth and development. You will gain insight into your own conflict management behavior along with a time-tested process to resolve conflicts.
6. Appropriate Leadership – Are you providing effective and appropriate leadership to your people? It’s all about “different strokes for different folks.” You will understand what every individual needs to perform at an optimum level and how to adapt your influencing behavior to facilitate peak performance.
7. Individual Development – Is “people development” a KRA for you and your managers and leaders?
Whilst the team goal is always the focus, effective teams and in turn, the leader must pay attention to the development of individual skills. You will be able to scientifically identify every individual’s performance gap and take corrective action.
8. Regular Review – Is “performance review” only an annual event in your organization?
Regular reviewing allows the team and the leader to assess their progress vis-à-vis the set milestones. It enables you and your team to learn from experience and correct the course, if necessary.